BBL Fine Arts Academy
- The BBL Fine Arts Academy provides small group lessons and ensemble rehearsals to supplement the local middle and high school band programs.
- We currently offer lessons for voice, brass (trumpet, trombone), reeds (clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone), and percussion (drums, piano, guitar, bass guitar)
*Financial scholarships available on a first come, first served basis and dependent on need as determined by free or reduced public school lunch status
DETAILS OF INSTRUCTION:
Individual and small group instruction beginners through advanced. Instruction includes one 30 minute lesson per week for beginning/intermediate students, and a 30-50 minute session for advanced students. Students will schedule their lessons directly with the instructor. In general, instructor availability is as follows:
Instructor Name Instrument(s) Available Days/Times
|Deborah Banks||Reeds │Piano│Vocals||Contact instructor for availability|
|Ron Bridgewater||Reeds │Improvisation||Wednesday & Friday PM|
|Robert Lewis||Percussion||Tuesday & Thursday PM|
|Abby Heras||Reeds │Piano│Beginning Guitar||Thursdays 4:00-6:30 PM|
|Barkey Bryant||Brass │Improvisation||Mondays 3:30-6:00 PM|
|Jim Pryor||Piano │Improvisation||Contact instructor for availability|
This year we will have three Saturday rehearsal activities: one for students playing one year or less, intermediate for students playing 2-3 years, and advanced for high school students wishing to be in the performing ensemble. The performing ensemble members are chosen by audition. We will also offer vocal instruction on Saturdays.
11:00 AM -12:00 PM
REGISTRATION AND FEE STRUCTURE:
This year there is a separate cost for private/small group instruction and the Ensemble rehearsals on Saturdays. As in past years, there is a vibrant scholarship program available for families with financial need so that there will be no barrier to participation due to financial constraints. The fee structure is listed below.
PRIVATE/SMALL GROUP INSTRUCTION – WEEKDAYS
- Lessons can be one-on-one or one instructor 2 to 3 students.
- Scheduled with instructor
$25 per session
ENSEMBLE INSTRUCTION - SATURDAYS
Beginners 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Students in this program recently started playing their instruments; generally, these are fifth grade students but occasionally MS & HS students fall in this category depending on their experience
Intermediate Band (2-3 years experience) 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Generally, this ensemble is composed of middle school students and high school students. Students in this group learn how to improvise and develop that skill to participate in the Advanced ensemble.
Advanced small ensemble (3 plus years) 1:30 p.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Students in this group are high school aged and sometimes are in middle school. Members of this ensemble are familiar with and can execute the blues scale, modal scales, music theory related to improvisation and much more. Membership of this ensemble is based on audition, director discretion and skill level.
Yearly Rate $265
Weekly rate $25
BBL follows the Unit 4 and U116 calendars.
Nathaniel C. Banks email@example.com